Last Thursday, Patchwork celebrated the end of our school year children’s programming. Thank you to those of you who were able to attend and celebrate with us. For those of you who couldn’t make it, here are some highlights:
- A full house: We even had to set up an extra table to seat everyone! Attendees included children, their families, staff, and volunteers.
- Art exhibits:
- Photos the kids had taken
- The new Creed Official (guidelines written by the children outlining proper behavior at Patchwork—check it out, maybe you want to use it at your workplace!)
- The Time Machine: Yes, we at Patchwork have created a way to warp time and help you imagine where you want to be in 20 years. It was also an INCREDIBLY popular play area for the kids.
- The 2010-2011 Zine: A small publication by the kids in the program that included contributions by everyone and comments by kids and adults about their future goals and the things that make them special now.
- Frog houses, ceramic stars, the giant skeleton puppet, paintings, and a banner of career plans.
- Awards recognizing the children’s growth through the year.
- A slide show reviewing the year.
- Recognition of tutors.
- A picnic supper for everyone.
- Family portraits: A guest photographer took photos of families as a gift to them. When did your family last get their photo taken together? More than one person commented that it’s not a common occurrence, so it was something nice to offer to parents.
- A rainbow!
It was a wonderful evening and a great end for the school year.
Our summer children’s programs start on June 6 with Art Garden Week I.